Did you know San Diego has a FREE ZOO? The owners seem to think it is called “Pet Kingdom” but everyone I know calls it Free Zoo.
Me: Do you want to go to Free Zoo?
Everyone I know: YES.
I have been going to Free Zoo since I was a wee child to look at the fishies. It is probably the best Zoo. I will make a handy comparison.
Free Zoo vs. “real” San Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo:
- Significantly more birds
- Sky tram
- You can buy beer (it is kind of expensive tho)
- Reptile house is almost as good as the one at Free Zoo
- It’s free
- The “keepers” will let you touch some of the animals
- Sometimes they put a savannah monitor (really big lizard) in the turtle pond it is really cool
- If you really like one of the animals you can buy the little buddy!! (usually)
- Salamanders (cute!)
- Convenient parking
My recommendation is you take a friend to Free Zoo. Look at these pics for a free preview:
3191 Sports Arena blvd
San Diego, ca 92110